modell gChronographs Model modell.g.watch By Laco
- LIMITED EDITION OF 25 WATCHES WORLDWIDE
- To secure your ModellG, either add the watch to the basket or your place can be reserved with a 50% deposit, balance payable on completion. Please call or email for further information.
- If you would like to reserve a specific number, then please let us know.
Allow us to introduce the ModellG Chronograph Erbstück.
- The Laco Erbstück series was first introduced last year and has been highly sought after. Each watch is produced by just one highly skilled specialist at the Pforzheim factory who, by hand, undertakes the technical work and at the same time ages every component of the watch individually, thus assuring that each patination is uniform and unique. Whilst the Erbstück patination technique has now been perfected, it has never before been used on a Chronograph. We like challenging our highly specialised and skilled watchmakers to make something really special and uniquely ours. However even we underestimated the extra time and skill a Chronograph would take. Of course the case and crown were known quantities but we had to ensure that the pushers would still function time and time again whist remaining watertight. The ModellG features a display back and this display back would also have to be perfectly watertight. The dial would have to be an item for particular attention together with its subdials. Each element would have to perform particular functions with matching hands. This would be the very first time that an Erbstück watch would have a day/date wheel which had to be removed from the movement and aged to match the dial components. After setting our particular Page and Cooper challenge to Laco, it's no wonder that the first prototype took a year of meticulous development to achieve. In fact so complicated was the task, that Laco began to think that the project would turn out to be too costly to put into even niche production. For our part we thought we might end up with just one treasured example of this watchmakers skill. But if there ever is a company which rises to a technical challenge, it is Laco. After several more months, Laco informed us that they could entertain perhaps just 10 or 15 pieces.
- The Page and Cooper Laco ModellG will be a strictly limited run of just 25 pieces worldwide, exclusive to us. Laco have assured us that the ModellG will never be repeated and there will be a Certificate of Authencity signed by themselves and Page and Cooper.
- Each uniquely patinated watch will be presented in a wooden suede-lined box with brass fittings. There will be an Italian made vintage leather strap with matching aged buckle and also a complete set of alternative Page and Cooper heat-bonded NATO straps.
- At Page and Cooper, we always strive to make our Limited Editions extra special and for the ModellG Laco Chronograph, we have commissioned renowned illustrator Guy Allen to make a unique quality A3 print, celebrating the influences of the ModellG in true period fashion. Each print will be signed and numbered to match each watch and will NOT be available separartely.
Automatic chronograph Laco 50, 25 Jewels, day/date, second minute and hour counter
Stainless steel aged, diameter 44mm, sapphire crystal, water resistant 50m, 22mm lug width
Dial and Hands
Matt black, arabic figures and indexes with luminous material Superluminova C3, minuterie white with hour, minute and stop second hand with luminous material Superluminova C3, small hands white and red
Ask the Experts
Have a question about this product? Our team of experts are available to answer any queries you may have to assist you with your purchase.
This product has not been reviewed yet, why not add one?